Friday 1 March 2013

Plastic free vacation??

Hello everyone! It has been awhile since I have posted anything about my plastic free journey. I have taken 3 weeks off from work and have been touring around. 

My first couple days in Brisbane were very easy to accommodate because I was mostly alone. I was hanging out with people but every time we went out I was able to choose plastic free options.

It got a little bit harder once my tour started though... There were times when we had to buy our own meals and my choices were pretty limited. In the food courts for example, most places only have plastic utensils and plates. And of course, I would forget my container. I tended to chose sandwiches then. 

The included breakfasts were an issue. I could handle it, but had to have dry toast. The real trouble started on the sailing ship. We weren't allowed to bring glass onto the ship so plastic was the only option. I had some wine in my water bottle and am happy to say that all the plastic on the ship got recycled. So I didn't feel as bad with the box of wine I had.

I am only 2/3 done with my vacation so I am sure there will be more to tell. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment