Saturday 16 February 2013

Weekly Review

Well it has been another couple of weeks on my plastic free challenge. I am half way through the month and so far things are going pretty well. Shopping for myself has been quite easy. I bought a few groceries and then spent most of the time going out to eat. I forgot my take away container at a pasta restaurant and so I put my left overs in my coffee mug. Haha it worked quite well actually.

I haven't run out of anything that requires plastic yet (deodorant, tooth paste etc) so that is good. One of my coworkers gave me a reciepe for toothpaste. I think I will probably try it when I have run out of my own.

One thing that has been a bit of a struggle lately is people offering things to me that have come in plastic. It seems like a bit of a cop-out so accept them. For example I went to a picnic and someone offered me chips. Mostly everything at the picnic came with plastic waste. Still, it felt like cheating...

I have two new challenges approaching me this week. The first one (and a tough one) is a headache I have ben suffering from. I got a migraine on Tuesday and I have been fighting it ever since. Now I have run out of medication :(... I will do my best to reduce the plastic waste (aka having a reusable bottle) but with migraines... I dunno. They are pretty awful and ruin things. Like today, I should be touring around Brisbane but I can't be bothered. I just want to sleep and get rid of this headache. Especially before my tour starts.

Which brings me to my next challenge. I have booked myself on a tour which starts on Thursday. I have no idea what that means for plastic use so, I brought my water bottle, my coffee cup and a set of travel tupperware. Hopefully that will be enough for the tour.

I guess I will jsut have to wait and see...


No comments:

Post a Comment